Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

"Temp Fail" in 4.0

Does anyone know how to fix the port errors associated with this symptom?

All tests pass when I run the port test from Unity...

Error:

Receiving ¡§temp fail¡¨ sometimes when users are in the middle of anything Unity related at random periods and frequency

Version Numbers:

Unity 4.0(1) w/ off box storage ¡V Exc 2k

CCM 3.3(2) SpB

Cisco Unity-CM TSP 7.01

Configuration:

1 Exc 2k (active/passive cluster)

2 CCMs (10.50.0.8 = Publisher and 10.50.0.9 = Subscriber) all VoiP devices registered on subscriber

2 Unity servers (UnityVoice1 is active, will be purchasing a failover license soon for other server)

***Config Note*** TSP Ports are setup on CCM for 2nd server but not set to rollover (I followed the directions in the Unity install DOC less the rollover) 2nd Unity server ports are created in CCM using the prefix CiscoUM2-VI

Both CCM TSPs are setup the same as listed below

Additional Info:

Reviewed system logs, all ports are up and down at (apparently) random times throughout the day

Event IDs received in order: 102 „³ 103 „³ 101 ¡V repeatedly for all 16 ports

TSP Config from Unityoice1:

Integration Configuration Summary - 05/12/03 14:22:17

Integration 1

--------------

Cisco CallManager

Configuration file: cisco0002.ini

Blackbaud

Device Prefix: CiscoUM1-VI

MWI on: 1101

MWI off: 1100

Reconnect after failover

RTP Port base: 22800

Primary: 10.50.0.8/2000

Secondary: 10.50.0.9/2000

Port 01: 1111 (caps= A)

Port 02: 1112 (caps= A)

Port 03: 1113 (caps= A)

Port 04: 1114 (caps= A)

Port 05: 1115 (caps= A)

Port 06: 1116 (caps= A)

Port 07: 1117 (caps= A)

Port 08: 1118 (caps= A)

Port 09: 1119 (caps= A)

Port 10: 1120 (caps= A)

Port 11: 1121 (caps= A)

Port 12: 1123 (caps= A)

Port 13: 1124 (caps= A)

Port 14: 1125 (caps= A)

Port 15: 1126 (caps= MOST)

Port 16: 1127 (caps= MOST)

CCM TSP Config:

All appropriate port numbers, names and IPs match - except there is no RTP Port number in the CCM config.

10.50.0.8 is set to primary CCM, 10.50.0.9 is secondary CCM.

Automatic Reconnect to Primary CCM after failover is checked.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Temp Fail" in 4.0

I had the same issue with an install, and TAC directed me to a script that turns off call waiting capability on the VM ports. It was a SQL script that changed the properties of VM ports. Send me an email, and I will try and dig it up.

5 REPLIES

Try turning off "CallWaitingEnable" in the CallManager's Service Parameters Configuration. This is under CallManagers Service\Service Parameters, then select CallManager and scroll down to CallWaitingEnable. Set the parameter to "false". The Unity ports see the call waiting tone when they are hit and drop the connection. The phones then say TEMP FAIL like there was a network disruption.

I'm not sure if you have to reboot.

Tom

Thanks for the info, I saw this solution on the other post of the same issue. My feelings are that Call Waiting is a great feature that enables me to not put multiple lines on a phone. I don't feel that I should have to disable a feature that my users and myself like to get this to integrate properly. I have opened a case with TAC on this issue and I will post the resolution when everything works in hopes that others may learn the answer as they progress to these newer versions of CCM and Unity.

This weekend, I will upgrade TSP from 7.0(1) to 7.0(2) as a first step. If the problem continues, I will install CCM 3.3(2) Sp C and see if that does anything to resolve.

Turning off Call Waiting globally doesn't prevent the feature from being setup on a line-by -line basis. You can still set up call waiting on lines that need it by selecting the CallWaiting drop down from DEFAULT to ON. Turning it off system wide just happens to be the only way to stop the tone on the Unity ports which causes the TEMP FAIL messages.

Tom

I had the same issue with an install, and TAC directed me to a script that turns off call waiting capability on the VM ports. It was a SQL script that changed the properties of VM ports. Send me an email, and I will try and dig it up.

FYI to any who have this issue...

Thanks to info from Chris in his post, I have learned the following:

Bug ID CSCdz76351: Unity VM ports use CallWaiting System Policy instead of OFF setting

CCM 3.3(2) Sp C resolves this issue - I have applied and verified it works now

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.