cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Templates callhandler not found" error

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 3.0(2): Trying to add a new subscriber, get the above error message. It's a brand new one to me and I can't find a reference to it in the book. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

When you create the user you are allowed to select a template for it's default values. Have you selected different templates and gotten this error? Can you create a new subscriber template and try that? Same error?

did you happen to have deleted the Example Administrator by any chance? There is a known issue where the SQL triggers can delete the primary call handlers for the default templates when you do that since he's listed as the owner...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Nice call. Looks like I modified the EAdministrator trying to resolve the "phone number cannot be dialed because it is restricted by your class of service" issue I've been having. Lemme see what I need to do to restore the EA.
Thanks for the quick response.

Not applicable

Actually, you're problem may be bigger than that... if you deleted the example administrator it may have removed handlers that he owned (i.e. the template handlers, opening greeting, operator call handler etc...). this was a bug in the SQL triggers in some versions of 3.x that's been fixed. There is a script you can run to just add back these default objects, but I'll have to email it to you to use. I also need to check with QA to be sure it's been tested on the specific version you're running (it should be fine but it's good to be safe).

Ping me at my corporate email and I'll set you up with it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I'm not sure if I have the same issue or not - I have 5 subscribers that I can't delete after upgrading from 2.4.6 to 3.1.3 - some of them are the example subscribers. DBWalker complains about invalid primary callhandler. Any assistance would be greatlyl appreciated

Not applicable

Hi Jeff

I have a similar issue where I used the Unity export utility but had neglected to remove the Example Administrator account first. After I uninstalled 2.46 and installed 3.1(5) and then used Unity Import utility, I now have two Example Administrator accounts! I ran the DB Walker utility and it returns errors with respect to the EAdministrator Call Handler and the Administrator Template... The system still seems to work for the most part and is now in production. I do fear that as of yet undetected issues will surface. Could you lease offer some advice?

Sincerely,

R.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your best move here is to simply follow the steps to remove the Example Administrator from your system and then delete both accounts in Active directory (or Ex55) which should also remove them from SQL after the sync cycle. Here's a tech tip on the steps you need to go through to remove the example admin account:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/remove_example_admin.html

The trick is to make sure you get all references to example admin out of there (i.e. replace them as the owner/recipient on handlers, as the only member of the unaddressed messages DL etc...).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: