Views
Helpful
Replies

"this system is temporarily unable to complete your call"

astectelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.12c TSP 6.02B

We recently had to Use the disaster recovery tool to restore from a failed upgrade to 3.15. Since the restore we have a number of problems:

1. Many users are getting the failsafe message accessing their mailbox the following errors appear in the event log:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10002

Date: 05/12/2002

Time: 4:48:46 PM

User: N/A

Computer: SHOVM

Description:

IAvDohMailbox::Get(AVP_MAILBOX_STATUS) returned [0x8000ffff] on line 209 of file e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1

Subscriber Display Name : Sue Wolstenholme

Subscriber Alias : Sue Wolstenholme

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 1

Date: 05/12/2002

Time: 4:48:46 PM

Computer: SHOVM

Description:

GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8000ffff] on line 98 of file e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Subscriber Display Name : Sue Wolstenholme

Subscriber Alias : Sue Wolstenholme

2. Where we have added new users and they are asked to change their password on first login it is taking 1 min or more of dead air before the system prompt confirms their new password is active.

Please help. We had no such problems before the re-install

thanks

jim

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error codes being returned there are E_UNEXPECTED Description: Catastrophic failure being returned from Win32 - that's generally bad. I would check to be sure your DNS and GCs are healthy and that Unity is pointing at them properly. Sounds like we're having resolution issues or there's a bad relay somewhere in the mix if it's taking a full minute to log into a user's mailbox there...

Before you did the DiRT restore was the clean install of your system running OK? I find it very difficult to beleive that DiRT would put your system in such a state since these errors are being returned from upstream of Unity - it COULD be a setting in the registry pointing to the DC/GC servers from the backed up system being no longer correct - that's as close to a valid theory I can give you here...

Hello.

I'm having the same issue. We just installed Unity 3.1.5, a clean install and integrated it with out Exchange 2000 environment.

When we press messages button we get "sorry this system is temporarily unavailabe....etc."

This warning happens first:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: AvCsServices_MC

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 1077

Date: 12/5/2002

Time: 3:25:15 PM

Computer: CHUNITY01

Description:

Gateway FindCsComponents failed [LAW\Unity_CHUNITY01, 0x80070005] (caller is denied access).

and then this error:

Date: 12/5/2002

Time: 3:42:16 PM

Computer: CHUNITY01

Description:

IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Subscriber Display Name : Lenny Krol

Subscriber Alias : KrolL

This one actually looks a little bit different. Additionally, there's a great big time difference between these two messages. Do these two messages appear together closer in time?

Hi:

I've the same problem, but it's because we have upgraded from a unity 3.0.2 with spanish-spain language, to unity 3.1.5 with spanish-colombia language.

On the event viewer I can check that Unity is still tryng to launch spanish-spain prompts and not the spanish-colombia prompts, so it launchs the system failure message.

How can we fix this? It's necessary to rerun the upgrade to 3.1.5 and choose spanish-spain? we really want spanish colombia.

Please answer ASAP.

TIA

Andres Pasten, CCNP

Cisco Systems Chile

Thanks Jeff, much quicker but still losing users.

Checked the registry settings for the GC and DC and we were infact pointing to a remote Domain Controller over a 64k link (don't know how it happened) i changed the following key to point to the local DC:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00\Domains\\DefaultDomainController.

However, some users are still disappearing from Unity shortly after adding them. We add them, they disappear then we need to use the bunny killer to kill the unity properties before importing them again. I have found that leaving them a message directly after adding them makes them stick most times. it is most strange.

Any Ideas? please.

jim

Exactly what is meant by "some users are still disappearing from Unity shortly after adding them"? How is that determined? What are the symptoms? Are they not seen in the SA? Is there a problem accessing the mailbox?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: