cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

"unknown-sub" - default prompt change to "enter subscriber ID", not menu

Hi there

I am assuming this is pretty easy, but so far it has been a little hard to get!

When you dial Unity from a known subsriber you are prompted for PIN, however when you dial with a "non-subscriber" extension you are prompted with an option to dial an extension, go to the operator etc etc. The customer would like to be prompted with "Please enter your ID" straight away instead of having to press "*".

Anybody want to set me straight?

Cheers

John

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: "unknown-sub" - default prompt change to "enter subscriber I

so presumably you have folks calling in to check messages dialing a different number than folks that may be looking to leave a message or get to the operator and such?

if so, the easiest way to do this is to setup a call routing rule that triggers for all direct calls to the "check my messages" number that executes as the 2nd to last rule (the last rule sends you to the opening greeting call handler you mention). This rule would simply route the call to the "Subscriber Sign In" conversation such that when you dialed the number the first thing you'd hear is the "Please enter your Id" prompt instead of the greeting.

Cisco Employee

Re: "unknown-sub" - default prompt change to "enter subscriber I

The Sub Sign In conversation does have a minor caveat in that if it fails (e.g. no caller input) the call gets sent back to the top of the call routing rule table. Thus if you have a routing rule sending calls to the Sub Sign In conversation it is possible to get ports stuck in an infinite loop.

To avoid this, create a Call Handler, set transfer to no, set the greeting to blank, and set the action after greeting to go to sign in. Now instead of routing callers directly to Sub Sign In, route to this call handler.

This will accomplish the same thing as the routing rule alone with just a bit more setup time. The main diffrence is that by sending the caller through the call handler, Unity will keep track of how many times the call loops through the Call Handler, and once the call has looped through the Call Handler 25 times, Unity will play the Failsafe prompt, log and error to the application event log, and hang up.

Finally, I'm still a bit curious about your config...

Where do these folks dial in from to check their messages? If they are not using shared extensions (e.g. lobby phone) then adding alternate extensions to the subscribers might be helpful.

Is Unity's Auto Attendant being used at all? If so, how are calls being routed by the phone system to allow Unity to differentiate a message retrieval call from a Auto Attendant call?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content