Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Radius Auth with dial-inward-direct

We have all the POTS telephony on an AS5300 connected to our pre-paid switch (with a dial-inward-direct on the POTS dial peers). We use this to originate VOIP call legs.

I setup GNU-Radius in an attempt to AAA incoming VOIP calls. The accounting works, and Radius denies/logs attempts to login in when I configure it as the default method. However, it never, never tries to auth the h323 calls. I can see it in the various router debugs, but I can never get it to attempt an authorization request, I only see it creating start/stop records. (I'm testing with netmeeting, btw)

Does having the DID on the CAS side disable anything on the VOIP side? Do I need to have some sort of call application to handle incoming network calls, or can I not have it both ways? I need to allow or pre-auth POTS->VOIP (we have a billing solution for this) while accounting for VOIP-answered calls (to integrate into our billing).

Re: Radius Auth with dial-inward-direct

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

CreatePlease to create content