cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rasterization Server Failure

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have upgraded my Unity to 2.4.5 and also upgraded viewmail on one client. Now that I have upgraded my viewmail it gives a rasterization error. I have changed the options to "print directly to printer" which in the past has fixed the issues with 2000 clients, but it does not work this time. The only way that I could fix it was by downgrading to the previous version of viewmail. Please guide me to the proper solution.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The VMO itself is not providing the print to email rendering services. The VMO setup, however, is silently calling the “PrintToMail” print driver install from Interstar. This is just a simple print driver that converts a file into a TIF so it can be faxed out easily.

I’m unsure why the newer version of PTE would not work on your client and the older one would (you didn’t say what version you were upgrading FROM here) since it hasn’t changed in a while. I’m also assuming it works for most of your clients, you just have the classic one “fussy” box that is giving you issues (?). The only thing I’ve seen besides the “print directly to printer” that was a problem was that the PTE driver is assuming a couple of DLLs are on the box that aren’t there if no printer is installed. If you install the “default” printer it sticks those DLLS on there. I’m assuming that’s not the case here since the older version worked OK.

Since the older one works, you can do this to get around the problem for now (though please do report the issue to our support guys so we can take it up with Interstar):

Install the updated VMO form on this client.

In the control panel go to the add/remove programs and remove the “print to email” program (it may also be called the “print to fax” driver depending on the version you have installed). Basically toast anything from Interstar.

On the older Unity CD, go to the ViewMail directory and under that you should see a “print to email” or a “print to email2” directory under that. Go there and run the setup on that client machine. This will put the older version of the PTE driver on the box and you should be good to go.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: