Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Re-routing Calls on wan Failure

Hello All.

This is the scenario: I have a central site with two callmanagers running version 3.3

(2) I have approximately 8 remote sites, each site has its own DID, my problem here is that the people dials the DID number assigned to the remote site instead of the extension number, to fix this problem I created translation patterns so when they dial the DID the translation patters translates the DID number into the extension number so the call goes through the wan and not through the PSTN. The situation here is that when the wan goes down in a remote site nobody will be able to call the site that have the wan link down because of the translation pattern. My question is how can I re-route the call through the PSTN when the wan link to certain remote site is down?.

I hope i made myself clear.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Re-routing Calls on wan Failure

I believe that you can use AAR to handle the WAN down scenario. You will need to create AAR Calling Search Spaces that do not hit the translation patterns.

Bronze

No, AAR is only used when the WAN is low on bandwidth, not when the link is down.

I agree with dugrant, i made the test.

The AAR only works when their is not enough bandwidth.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content