cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Read Receipts

STEPHEN HAXTON
Level 1
Level 1

I found a previous post concerning the announcment of read receipts as voice mails and see that there is a registery edit to correct the problem. My question is what is the down side to this fix. Is this going to cause the private store space to begin to be eatin up. Cause a need to periodically offline defrag the volume that the private store is on.<br><br>Steve Haxton<br>Ficomp, Inc<br>Systems Engineer<br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Well... if you have folks with only phone access to their inbox it might be a problem. Their inbox will eventually fill up if they're getting a LOT of receipts (you'd need quite a few read/delivery reciepts to chew up any substantial amount of space).

This isn't going to be any different than if an email user just let the receipts pile up in their inbox. Eventually their inbox will max out and they'll be unable to send messages at which point they'll complain and someone will have to go in via outlook and clean them out.

I would think voice mail only access to a box that's getting a BUNCH of read/delivery receipts would be highly unusual, however... and the space used up by these guys is very small. I can't imagine this would be a big issue.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)