Views
Helpful
Replies

real-time monitoring of calls

p.kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

hi

looking for something on the ccm which can give me a real-time monitoring of calls which would tell me which ext. is using which of my PSTN lines.

any ideas how it can be done.

3 Replies 3

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

i think RTM gives collects data for each hr & not online...wht I am looking at is I get something on my screen which shows me that xyz ext. is using abc PSTN line when the call is active. Thus i get to know that at that part. moment which of my extns. are landing/accessing which of the PSTN lines.

might want to check out CiscoWorks Voice Manager. I haven't installed it yet, but I have some people looking for what your asking.

Monitoring an Active Call

To monitor an active call on a selected gateway:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the tree view, right-click the gateway that you want to monitor. A popup menu appears.

Step 2 Select Monitor > Active Calls.... The active calls for the gateway appear in the Active Calls window.

Column Name Description

Incoming Call Leg Address Incoming calling number or telephony IP address of remote voice gateway

Outgoing Call Leg Address Outgoing calling number or telephony IP address of remote voice gateway

Duration Duration of call

State Connecting—Call is being set up

Active—Call is active

Step 3 Click Refresh to see current status.

Step 4 Enter the time interval in which you want the screen to refresh.

Step 5 Click Finish. The Active Calls window closes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2432/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800dc71e.html#xtocid32