cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RealSpeak Engine Can not read message at this time.

kmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 3.14 and the Realspeak TTS engine. I have a user who attempts to listen to his e-mail messages and gets a recorder message saying ("Sorry cannot read the message at this time"). This is after repeating the total of messages available to be read. The user is able to hear his voice mail messages prior to this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin Mitchell

kmitchell@planetgov.com

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Normally that particular prompt is played when there are no available TTS sessions - the licensing from the RealSpeak folks (and just about all other TTS engines out there) work on concurrent sessions - if there's none available at the time we go to use it we fall back on that prompt and move on.

How many TTS sessions does it show you being licensed for in the Key Dump utility and in the SA licensing page? (these may differ which is what I'm looking for).

The key dump shows 2 TTS Ports and the SA page shows 4 used. There are only 2 users who have the COS to use the TTS, the only other users are admins, which I control. So there should never be a time where a port should not be available. Or am I reading something wrong?

No, you're reading that right... if you have two sessiosn licensed you should be good. The next thought would be the engine is not installed/configured correctly - are there any errors at all in the application event log around the time Unity starts up and/or the time you attempt to read an email over the phone?

Yes,

There is an error message in the application log it follows:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10020

Date: 8/1/2003

Time: 3:24:22 PM

User: N/A

Computer: OCS17

Description:

[Thread 0x00000918] [Port 1]: IAvResMgr::AddRequestBlocking() returned [80040301]. In file e:\views\cs_ue3.1.3.43\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSTTSSetup.cpp on line 879.

I noticed another user had the exact same error message on the forum in January, but no resolution was posted. I sent an e-mail and am hoping for a response.