Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dtr

Realtime queue activity data for agents

Looking for a way to provide realtime queue activity numbers (e.g. there are 7 people waiting in queue) to agents. If I pass these stats as enterprise data, they will not be realtime. I know some larger call centres use scrolling LED type boards to display this sort of information, what I'm wondering is if there are other ways of keeping agents informed of the queue activity without installing a new piece of hardware.

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Realtime queue activity data for agents

The easiest way to implement is to add a web application that is triggered via http. Design the script to use the Get Reporting Statistics steps to obtain the desired info and present it back to a browser. To do HTTP trigger you need have IVR License.

Info about deploying web enabled apps can be found in:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/develop/index.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards

Venkat

dtr

Unless I'm reading it wrong, that link describes how to take input from an html source and incorporate it into your application which is kind of the opposite of what I would like to do. I would like to take output from the application and use it to generate an html document.

When you say "obtain the desired info and present it back to a browser", I understand how to get ahold of the information, but how do you present it back to the agents browser?

Bronze

Hi,

Take a look at the section "Creating Web-Enabled Scripts", this talks about how to create Static and dynamic web page as well as how the script populate values back to browser. The following info is from that section

"This sample script uses a static web page that prompts the user for a name and a dynamic web page that provides a template with an embedded keyword that is substituted dynamically by the script when it runs".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

dtr

Thanks for the clarification, I read through that section and it gave me a few ideas.

I'm wondering about exploring an alternative method that would not require the script to do any extra work at all. It is based on the assumption that the queue statistics reside in the database associated with IPCC (is this correct?). What I could do is just write a perl/php/cold fusion page that queried the db directly to pull out stats on the queues. This would bypass the whole issue of IVR licenses. I would have to figure out the database schema being used by IPCC so I would know where to look for the queue stats.

Bronze

Real time reporting stats are in memory, not DB.

dtr

If anyone else is interested in how I did this, after some research I found:

First you need to ensure your system is writing summary statistics to the DB.

Go into your CRA admin page, click on 'Tools', then 'Real Time Snapshot Config'. Make sure the appropriate boxes are checked off (all of them in my case) and choose how often you want these values refreshed. Now you have summary stats being written to the DB. Technically it's not true real time but every 30 seconds will be close enough for most applications.

Second issue: where is this data?

Using SQL Server Enterprise Manager I poked around until I found where it was being stored. Look in the database 'db_cra' for tables named 'rtCSQsSummary' and 'rtICDStatistics' (rt meaning realtime). These tables have lots of useful stats in them just waiting to be queried.

Third, use your favourite web scripting language to query the DB directly. Chances are you already have IIS running on the machine serving up CRA admin pages so going with ASP/MDAC probably involves the least extra work.

I'm pretty happy with this solution. It allows me to get directly at the data that I need without having to make modifications to my call flow. It's also much more flexible as I can use ASP to deliver the information however I want. Best of all it bypasses the need for any special software licenses.

Is there any chance you'd be willing to share the asp?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content