cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot CM4 subscriber disconnects established calls

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

On the odd ocassions we have had to restart our subscriber (phones are registered to this server), any calls established through the H323 PSTN gateway are disconnected.

I thought that calls already established would be unaffected and there would be a slight interruption to new call processing whilst services/devices moved over to the Publisher.

Is this not the case ?

I have noticed that the calls are actually disconnected when the subscriber is coming back UP and the calls are actually unaffected whilst the server is at the BIOS Memory test (as part of the restart) suggesting that they may be unaffected if I simply shut the server down as opposed to doing a restart. Is this a timing issue ? What should happen ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

Callmanager does not support call survivability on H.323 gateways. You have to use MGCP on the gateway to get this feature. You may also be able to use skinny for this, but I haven't tried it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

Callmanager does not support call survivability on H.323 gateways. You have to use MGCP on the gateway to get this feature. You may also be able to use skinny for this, but I haven't tried it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: