Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

REBOOT UNITY

Every time I reboot my Unity server and my Exchange server I get the error "This system is temporarily unavailable" after you put in your password. Why is this? Is there a proper reboot sequence for Unity and Exchange? I have one Unity server and one Exchange server. What would be causing this?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: REBOOT UNITY

The failsafe conversation can kick in for any number of reasons. At least one error should be logged to the application event log when this conversation kicks in, this may help narrow the problem down. My first guess is that Unity is not able to log into your mailbox properly after a reboot because either the Exchange server that homes the mailbox is not fully up and flying or the mailbox ID changed and Unity is still trying to use the old one (this was a known problem in some versions of 2.x... you don't say what version you're using here).

If you get this failsafe and you call in a minute later do you get it again? Or is this just the first time you call into the system and sign in after a reboot? If that's the case, it's definitely the mailbox Id thing. If not, there's some problem gaining access to the message store on the external Exchange box. You can test this by creating a test user on the local Unity Exchange server and seeing if you get the same behavior signing into that local account vs. signing into an account off box.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content