Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Rebooted Unity

I rebooted Unity and the Opening Greeting disappeared. My default greeting is now the Unity standard that existed before we created our own. What happened to the one we recorded?<br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Rebooted Unity

I'm not sure what happened but I have one other site that reported the same type of thing after an upgrade. Can you call TAC and get a ticket open? We'd definitely like to poke around and see if we can find the original STM file (the greeting storage file) that was being pointed at and see if it's there and/or damaged or if it was removed or the reference is invalid or what...

was this after an upgrade? What version are you on?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I'm on version Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73. We didn't do an upgrade. We rebooted because our wave driver lost communication with CallManager.

After looking through Unity Admin to see if changes were made, but not making changes, the recorded opening greeting we created came back. The only thing I did was click on the already selected radio button selecting the recorded greeting, and clicked save. I didn't change the selection.

Anonymous
N/A

So the radio button got changed to "system" you you set it back to "recording"? That would make sense... the greeting doesn't go away in that case, we just switch over to generating a greeting based on the recorded name and/or ID of the box such as " is not available now" or "the person at extension 3189 is not available now".

I'm not real sure why it would have just switched over to system on you, however...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

No. The opening greeting was set to the recording we created not system. However, it was playing the system greeting. I re-selected the already selected recorded opening greeting which allowed me to hit save. No one touched the Unity setting prior to me doing this. I'm not sure that what I did could or would make a difference. It's probably just a coincidence that the greeting came back.

I know this is getting confusing, so let me recap and refrase; We rebooted, we made no changes, Our opening greeting disappeared and the system greeting took it's place, we looked for a change that may have been made, but didn't modify anything, then the greeting just came back. Nutty.

Anonymous
N/A

yuck... I have no snappy answer for this.

If you see it lose a greeting again, can you leave the system in that state and get on the horn to TAC? It'd be handy to call in and poke around in DOHPropTest to see which stream path it's trying to use and why it's not valid. The only thing I can think of is the old UNC path would be left there and the SA forced it to the "offset" path it should be using, but that should only be an issue for upgrades which doesn't sound like your problem.

You can contact TAC, by the way, at:

800-553-2447

e-mails to TAC@cisco.com

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies