cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rebuild mcs to 3.1 with sti file doesnt cut the mustard

a.wells
Level 1
Level 1

I had to rebuild a callmanager to 3.1 over the weekend.First install 3.0 1 then upgrade to 3.08 as there are database changes between version 3.05 and 3.01 then backup a tar file from 3.08 sorry service pack it and vm fix first otherwise no data.Have you kept previous backups from older versions ? Then upgrade to 3.011 and backup useing .sti file that you had from this version of the software. this works alright

if you have a de30+ be prepared to check device defaults and \progfiles\cisco\tftppath for correct loads otherwise you could be there for hours with your mate dick tracey.Now the major problem was going back to 3.1 once upgraded and backed up the database is 3.1 and the ccm admin page is running 3.0

I tried going from 3.08 to 3.1 the same story this procedure takes approx 2.5 3.5 hours what a headache

7 rebuilds and 3 different tacs where spoken to a total of 15 hours all told .

This is not good when will we be able to install 3.1 straight away and backup from .sti file as the other way is so painfully slow and in my circumstance didnt work.

6 Replies 6

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Allan,

Didn't you have a bad DE-30+ card? I thought that was part of the problem.

As far as having CallManager 3.1 on CD, it is now orderable on MarketPlace and is set to start shipping around the end of the month.

Dave ,

This is funny I have spent days in the office here speaking with Australia then europe and america tacs all in the same day regarding issues with de30+ and everyone has different theories.This guy Philip Smeuninx from Europe was awesome with his ability to get this gateway up and running though all tacs have been extremely helpful.The card is not faulty they just have issues obtaining the correct load information.Makeing sure tftppath has sdaXXXXXXX.cnf.xml file is a start there are plenty of things to look out for,I must say this de30+ has been pronounced dead several times now and it is not.

Well, if this is the same Allan that I was talking to last Thursday -- would have been early Friday morning for you I think -- then I don't know that the card was DEAD per se, but we were never able to get it to upgrade to D0030301 which it needs to do in order to upgrade itself to the "real" CM3.1 firmware load. It seemed to be permanently stuck at the J load according to DickTracy.

And when we put in another DE-30+ and changed the MAC address in CallManager and the BootP config file, it upgraded itself and came up first try.

So although I am not going to exactly pronounce the card dead, it certainly seemed like it was never getting anywhere, and another card that was on hand at the site worked like a charm immediately.

Dave ,

your spot on the mark same "Allan"

Would you believe this is the card I'm useing now.

copy a .cnf.xml file to the tftppath seems to work a straight away that file contains the load that needs to be used.Any Im running 3.0 11 again as the upgrade to 3.1 kep getting corrupted.All 7960 phones stayed on 3.1 loads and corporate directory was missing got a vbs script that generates some .cnf.xml files for 3.0 11 loads rebooted phones and there back to normal CD running fine.

Dave quick question ?

CallManager 3.1 consists of 6 CDs

1 to test the hardware platform

2-5 a disk for each COMPAQ and IBM type

6 CCM 3.1

what will be the cost for existing CM customers to get these cd's ? Will it just be a freight charge ?

I see the following part number available:

SW-UP-3.0-3.1= CallManager 3.0 to 3.1 software upgrade

I don't think I am supposed to quote prices on the forum so you should talk to your account manager if you buy direct or to your reseller. But rest assured that it is a "nominal" fee and not anything like the price of CallManager software.

Thats very good news

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: