cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Record and Playback error

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know what this error is<br><br>Assertion failed: HRESULT 0x80040154<br>File h:\CommSvr\sources\TRaP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp<br>Line 557<br><br>I am running CM 3.0(9) with Unity 2.4.6<br>I get this error when I want to record a new call handler or listen to one that has already been recorded.<br><br>Adam Farrell<br>Technical Support Engineer<br>Williams COmmunications Canada

9 Replies 9

Not applicable

The media guys looked at the code and indicated to me this is probably not a serious assertion, they're not sure why it's even logging to the event log.

Are you having problems establishing the connection or is it just kicking these assertions into the log and carrying on with life?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff..

I have now seen this on two lab systems. Unity is up running and working fine except for this error. When I recieve this error message I have three choices. Abort, Retry or Ignore. If I hit Abort, I get the following error message:

Unknown problems are preventing the connection to the server.

If I hit th other two buttons (retry or ignore) I get the following message

Debug Message
Exception Caught!
file h:\CommSvr\Sources\TRaP\AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr\AvTrapConnectionHolder.cpp
Line 1700

this is then followed by the same message that I get when I hit abort.

I have just downloaded the new patch for Unity and will install it to see if it helps. I will let you know how I did. I have also open a TAC case with the same information.

Adam Farrell
Technical Support Engineer
TELUS National Systems

Not applicable

Well, Sean did make some fixes to the TRAP connection holder component that runs on the client in 2.4.6 build 126 (just released to production) but I don't think the fixes he was going after are the same things you're seeing. Possibly, but I'm kind of skeptical.

The TRAP connection holder does just what it's name implies, it keeps an active connection to the Unity server open as you switch between messages in your inbox such that you don't have to dial in for every new message and/or bopping around in the SA/AA between greetings. If there's no activity for a period of time is terminates the connection. The fixes were centered around the connection not dropping out properly and the like.

There are some known issues with older applications conflicting with the TRAP connection holder (i.e. running on win95 boxes and the like). Does this happen both on the Unity server and off the box from a client machine? Anything on the box(es) that might interest me? Virus scanning software perhaps?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

The box that is running the Unity software is a MCS 7825. it is brand new right out of the box. I have Windows 2000 SP2 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 the only other things install on it.

I have completed the upgrade of the Unity to 2.4.6.126 that just came up on the web. There has been a small change to the error since the upgrade. Now when ever I want to playback or record a new call handler for sitting infront fo the Unity box or from my PC across the network, I only get the "Unknown problems are preventing the connection to the server."

There is no other software install on the box, that includes virus software of other apps. I can play the prompts through my speakers or record using a microphone, It is only when I want it to call an IP set.

The Call Manager domain consists of two 7835's. When I go to options to select while extension to make the call to I have entered both the IP address for the server and the name, just in case it was not getting the proper name to IP conversion. There are no other apps running on the voice subnet that could be causing any sort of problems.

As I have said, I now see this on two different lab systems. The one here in our office and one at a customer lab. I will attempt to reinstall the Unity from scratch to see if something in the OS is causing the problem or even an inpproper installed driver.

Adam

Adam Farrell
TELUS National Systems

Not applicable

If it's saying it can't connect to the server, make sure the IP address is of the Unity server, not the call manager... several folks tripped up on that one. It's Unity that's providing the TRAP call to your phone.

Also, I asked earlier in this thread if you tried from a client machine on the network (i.e. off the Unity server). Did you try this?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Jeff..

I have made sure that I am entering the Unity servr IP address. Also, I have tried this from my desktop machine as well. I can play and record through the soundcard of my PC, It won't allow me dial an extension. I have upgraded the version of Unity to the 2.4.6.126 that is now in the software download section. I am no longer recieving the Assertion Failed message, but still get the following message.

Unknow problems are preventing the connection to the server.

Thanks for all you help on this.

Adam Farrell
TELUS National Systems
416-496-6876

Adam Farrell
TELUS National Systems

Not applicable

You might have already checked this one, but I was wondering if the Unity voice mail ports that are setup to call for MediaMaster are in the same Calling Search Space as the phone it is trying to call.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

OK.. I have discovered where I went wrong. But I am not sure why. I went into the skinny wizard and removed the failover Callmanager. Once the Unity system rebooted, everything worked fine. I have now but the failover Callmanager back in and rebooted. Everything seems to be running fine. In the next few day I will try it on the second system and see if I can get it to work. Not sure what happened. I will try to gather as much information as I can pass it along.

Adam Farrell
TELUS National Systems

ajones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had the same issues on our production server. We have made numerous changes to the registry on this box and I found that DCOM settings were changed dramatically. I went into dcomcnfg and changed everything back to where NT sets it at and rebooted, everything came up fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: