cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Record prompts

yoav
Level 1
Level 1

I want to record some new prompts for the IPCC and Unity and i just cant find the way doing it.

the prompt format should be:

CCITT u-law 8.000 kHz , 8 bit , Mono

i know there is also a folder that can convert it but i dont remember where it is located.

what software can i use to record prompts in good quality?

thanks in advance

Yoav

3 Replies 3

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

You can use the Microsoft sound recorder which comes with the Windis and you can change the format before recording.

is that the only way?

i saw this option but i wasn't sure and also playing it after recording was impossible.

i found a software named VFedit but i awas looking for something like Cubase or some other Highend audio software.

Why not just use the "built-in" record prompts script? You call a CTI routepoint that is associated with PG user. It plays "To record a prompt, enter the prompt number followed by the # sign."

Record the prompt.

It is stored on the IVR server in C;\program files\wfavvid\prompts\user\en_us\recorded prompts.

Change the prompt number to the name of the wav file you want the script to play.

Otherwise try using Adobe Audition for a "high-end" (Read expensive) audio program. I use this to "tweak" recorded prompts to equalize audio levels, and to create ring tones for the phones. This is the "upgraded" replacement for cool edit.

Lee