cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recorded Message plays twice

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

rel 2.4.5.73<br>It looks like when users are moved around, assigned different extensions, etc. that there is an issue with greetings being played twice i.e. you get "Hello today is Tuesday" twice.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

On the users greeting page make sure the 'Reprompt the user after this many seconds of silence' is not checked.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Ok it is checked, and is set to 1 second. Unchecking will do what?

Fix your problem and force it to not repeat.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I was curious about the dynamics simply because I like to understand what I am changing and why. Not the professional answer I was expecting.

Not applicable

That option is there to replay the greeting if you're expecting the caller to enter an imput and they don't (i.e. perhaps the greeting has many options and the user did pick up on the one they wanted the first time through). By default this should be off (maybe it got turned on by accident or it's on for the template you are using to create these users/handlers).

In most cases you want that unchecked. If it's checked we will repeat the greeting at least once and more times depending on the value in the spin box next to it. We wont take the after greeting action until this is done (usually take-message).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

When that box is checked, it will automatically replay the greeting after the specified time. This can be useful if you use complicated menus for audiotext navigation. Sometimes it's nice to hear the choices more than once, especially if there is a big list of options.

Most of the time it isn't necessary, however, and can cause confusion with the "hello it's tuesday" x2 syndrome.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: