cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording step doesn't record without terminating key

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

The subject pretty much says it all. I have a script that records a caller message and stores it in a SQL server, please no comments about the evils of blobs, it's low volume. The problem is if they don't press # after the message it doesn't actually save the message. Am I doing something wrong or is that how it's supposed to work?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Try this out:

Run the script.

(1) Recording your message, press any dtmf key to terminate your recording.

(2) The script will then play "the message is [your messasge], to keep it press 1, to discard it press 2."

(3)Press 1 twice(this is because bug CSCdt93003, the first dtmf key is lost after recording), you should hear "message saved."

If you don't want to wait for a positive confirmation (eg. #) or for the timeout, then it implies that the caller is hanging up.

You can use the On Exception Goto step to catch the ContactInactiveException when a caller hangs up.

When the contact terminates, if a media step is executed that relies on a contact, it will trigger this exception handler. This step will catch the exception and go to the label you have specified. Here you can email out the recorded wav file .

I would strongly recommend that you immediately use the On Exception Clear step to "cancel" the On Exception Goto inside the destination label. This will avoid potentially looping.

This sounds like what I need. I'll try this right away. Thanks!

Do you know where I should add the On Exception Goto to? Should it be in the Unsuccesful branch of the recording step?

Thanks

You need to use the OnException Goto before the Recording step. It is alway's very important to

clear the On Exception Goto's to avoid looping.

Example:

OnException(ContactInactiveException) Goto Label

Recording step

Label

Clear Exception (ContactInactiveException)

Hope this helps

It did help! Thanks to both of you! My script now functions properly without a terminating key.

Cliff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: