Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Recording your own "system" greetings

Hi,

A customer wants to have a standard greeting for all their employees, but with non-standard one-key options. The greeting should also include each employees individual "recorded name" as per the system greeting.

Is there anyway of recording your own greeting as a call handler, while inserting individual recorded names?

TIA,

Mick

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Recording your own "system" greetings

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here - yes, of course each subscriber can record their own greetings over the phone or via the web based Active Assistant interface.

If no custom greeting has been recorded by the subscriber or an admin, Unity will construct a greeting using the voice name of the subscirber if they've recorded one... in the abscence of a voice name it will construct a system greeting that uses the extension number of the subscriber (i.e. "the subscriber at extension 1234 is busy or not avaialbe...").

You don't need to emply a seperate call handler for this - perhaps I'm misunderstanding your request?

Hi,

Sorry - I think I may have thrown you!

The company wants a standard greeting for all employees on Unity, but with each persons spoken "recorded name" within the greeting. I know the system greeting will do this, however I need to include a series of caller input options.

So, for all subscribers, the message would be along the lines of:

Sorry, is unavailable, to leave a voice message press 1, for reception press 2, to hear a list of names press.......

etc etc

So the question is can a system-wide greeting be recorded ( or a system greeting be re-recorded) and linked to all users. So the same message plays for each user but the caller hears the correct inserted recorded name.

Is there a way of inserting recorded names into a call handler, or can the system greeting be re-recorded?

Clearer I hope!

Thanks again

Mick

Cisco Employee

Ok, I gotcha. yes, this can be done but it's not TAC supported and the change you make here will be over written with the default on an upgarde so you'll have to remember to reapply it. If that's cool with you, this is what you want to do:

The system greeting is made up of 4 parts:

"sorry"

""

"...is busy or does not answer"

"I'll record your message at the tone or you may stay on the line for more options".

the user input keys are active while all 4 of those prompts are being played to the caller. You can replace the "...is busy or does not answer" prompt with the "is busy or does not answer. To leave a message press1, for the receptionist press 2, to hear a list of names...". this prompt only gets used for constructing system greetings so it wont crop up anywhere else in the conversation - however it's used for all subscribers and call handlers that have their greeting set to "system" so be careful. I just tried this out on my box to be sure it worked and everything's cool.

This method will also leave the "I'll record your message at the tone..." prompt tacked onto the end which may be awkward for you. You can instead use THAT prompt to customize but this is not as smooth since that prompt gets tacked on after all subscriber greetings where the after greeting action is "take message", system or custom recorded or not - lots of sites simply choose to replace that prompt with an empty one so it doesn't play at all - you may want to do the same thing. Here's a post outlining the details on that:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee83e4c/0#selected_message

again, changes to either of these prompts will be wiped out on any upgrade so you'll have to remember to reapply these steps if you upgrade your system.

Cisco Employee

oops! I forgot to tell you which prompt was the "...is busy or does not answer".

You'll find this under \commserver\localize\prompts\enu\avphgreet\AvPhGreetENU019.WAV

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content