Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

recovering a deleted Voice Mail

I have read the posts relating to recovering a "Deleted" Voice Mail. Here's my question, Unity (2.4.6)has a runtime version of Exchange 5.5, the clients are all pointing to their own Exchange 2000 server for their email. How would I configure the clients "Outlook" which is pointing to the Exch2K to recover a message deleted on the Unity runtime version of Exch5.5 ? Could I or should I load Outlook on the Unity Server, and use this to take ownership and recover a users Voice Mail?<br><br>I would appreciate any help on this that anyone could offer.<br><br><br>Thanks<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: recovering a deleted Voice Mail

I'm assuming the Unity server is in a voice mail only configuration where there's a mailbox for each user on the Unity box's Exchange 5.5 server in addition to the user's mailbox on Exchange 2000 (i.e. you're not doing something ugly with copying/moving mail from 5.5 to 2K).

If that's the case, I'd definitely just install Outlook on the local Unity server to get at the deleted voice mail messages as necessary. If you open Outlook with admin privalages you can just open alternate mailboxes directly instead of having to create profiles for each user as needed. Microsoft frowns on Outlook on the same box with Exchnage in general but we've shipped that way with Exchange 5.5 for some time now with no problem (Ex2K is a different beast, however).

Remember to set the COS for these users such that their voice mail messages are moved to the deleted items folder when they delete them over the phone. By default their removed entirely and can't be recovered.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content