Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Recovery on timer expiry

I am currently using Call Manager 3.3.3 and a H323 Voice Gateway.

"Call Forward ALL" has been set up on an extension on the Call Manager to Forward all incoming call to an international number, however most of the time it doesnt work. The error message is "Recovery on timer expiry

"

I have tried to increase the T301 timer on both the Call manager and Voice gateway to 60000ms, however it still doesnt work. I have tried to increase it to a higher value but the result is the same.

The only location that its working is to CAll Forward all to Bangkok international number From Hong Kong. Other location will receive the same error " Recovery on timer expiry"

Here is part of the debug idsn q931:

----------------------------------

Dec 12 21:39:52.091: ISDN Se2/1:23 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8 callref = 0xFEFE

Cause i = 0x82E3 - Information element not implemented

Call State i = 0x01

Dec 12 21:39:52.272: ISDN Se2/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP_ACK pd = 8 callref = 0xFEFE

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Dec 12 21:40:02.292: ISDN Se2/1:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x0002

Cause i = 0x82E6333130 - Recovery on timer expiry

Dec 12 21:40:02.292: ISDN Se2/1:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x8002

Dec 12 21:40:02.320: ISDN Se2/1:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x0002

Cause i = 0x82E6000000 - Recovery on timer expiry

--------------------------------

Thanks

Kind regards

Rachel

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Recovery on timer expiry

Rach,

Here is a link to q931 debug decodes. Is your Display IE delivery option checked on the h323 gateway config page ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

Are you able to call an international number from an ip phone (direct call) ?

Re: Recovery on timer expiry

Hi,

I am able to call international number directly through the IP phone.

After I perform the debug, here is the cause code:

Cause i = 0x82E6333130

--------------------------------------------

Cause Code Origination Point :

//82

No route to specified network

The ISDN exchange receives a request to route the call through an unrecognized intermediate network.

This cause indicates that the equipment receives a request to route the call through a particular transit network.

However, the equipment does not recognize the network.

The equipment that sends this cause does not recognize the transit network due to one of these reasons:

-The transit network does not exist.

-The transit network exists, but does not serve the equipment that sends this cause.

-This cause is supported on a network-dependent basis.

--------------------------------------------

Disconnect Cause Code:

E6

//E6

Recovery on time expiry

Your call does not go through, probably because an error occurs. For example, a state synchronization error.

Wait and try again later. If the problem persists, contact your ISDN service provider.

---------------------------------------------------

Optional Diagnostic field:

-----------------------------------------------------

1)Since I am able to place a direct call to international number, it should have a route to the specified network

2) If its "state synchronization error", I have already increase the T301 timers to 60000ms on the H323-Voice Gateway. should I just increase it more? will it affect other call?

Thanks very much for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.