Views
Helpful
Replies

Recreating Publication on the Publisher

andy.chapman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a slight problem that I hope someone can help me out with. After the following the instructions to recreating a broken subscriber connection to a SQL database. Now, however, the Publication on the Publisher (CCM3.2 SPe) is not there thus preventing me from creating a new pull subscription from the subscriber.

I know how to recreate publications, what I would like to know is this: what tables are included in the publication (or even better - are there any documents on going through the process the 'Cisco' way)?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance

Andy

2 Replies 2

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a quicky to get you going. The part about building the subscription is missing from the document below. Will have to see about getting this on CCO.

Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager and register your servers. Drill down into the Subscribers DB and find the Publication. Delete the Publication. Right click and New Publication. Select Next. Select Transactionl Publication & Next. Select allow immediate-updating subscriptions & Next. All all subscribers will be running SQL & Next. Publish all & Next. Next. No, create a publication without data filtes & Next. Select Finish. Click on OK once the publication is created.

At this point you can start at "Task 3:Recreating the Subscription on the Subscriber" in the following link to complete the rebuild process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094aeb.shtml

Mike

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SOrry make that the "Drill down into the Publishers DB and find the Publication"