Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Red X for Media Master

Everytime I go into a subscriber's profile in Unity the Media master controls show a red x instead of the playback options. I am running IE 5.5, Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73. I have cleared cache, cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled the browser, set the browser security settings to ZERO, Enbaled active X and also tried setting it to prompt and have had no luck. TAC is not helping, they are telling me that my version isnt supported and keep referring me to microsofts web-site. I saw a few posts here about the same problem, can anyone help?<br><br>thanks<br><br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Red X for Media Master

Try deleting the AvMediaMasterCtrlClass from under WinNt\Downloaded Program Files\ and fire up the SA again. This will force the updated media master control to download from the server again and register itself (i.e. you'll get the little certificate asking if you trust us or not). If you have ActiveX controls enabled for IE, that should do the trick...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,

I looked for the AvMediaMasterCtrlClass but could not find it. I did a search for it on my hard drive and came up empty, i also did a *.class search and it didnt show up.

Anonymous
N/A

the actual name of the file (as opposed to what you'd see in file explorer) is AvMediaMasterCtrl.ocx and avMediaMasterCtrl.oca... you'll also see a couple of avBrowserContrl files, but these all show up in the explorer under the "AvMedaMasterCtrl Class" heading. Search the HD for the ocx... if it's not on there anywhere you must be blocking ActiveX control somehow or another.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

jeff,

thanks for the quick response, i searched the HD and found nothing. I cant think of any way this could happen, i have checked and rechecked my security settings.

jeff

Anonymous
N/A

Any additional ideas on this? I cannot figure it out

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies