cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redirect from Cisco ICD doesn't go to correct mail

scoe
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who has Call Manager, Unity and ICD. The ICD script has an option to press 1 to get transferred to voicemail. The call goes to Unity ok but doesn't go to the mailbox that was set up for the directory number configured on the Route Point.<br><br>Eg route point directory number is 3454 (and voicemail number 3454) which goes to ICD queue. ICD script is configured with a redirect to voicemail number 1901 which is the 1st voicemail port directory number in Call Manager. On Unity there is a voicemail subscriber set up with extension number 3454. Call ends up in Unity but not to the 3454 mailbox.<br><br>As a test I put a forward all on the route point directory number 3454 to 1901 and this then goes straight to the correct mailbox in Unity.<br><br>Any ideas anyone?<br> <br> <br> <br><br><br>

6 Replies 6

dgrant
Level 1
Level 1

When Unity receives a call, it looks at the Forwarding Station field to determine what greeting to play, etc.

Since you are sending the call directly to Unity, the forwarding information field is empty, and you get the opening greeting.

I recommend creating a fake phone that is CFA to Unity, change the Unity config so that the phone extension is used instead of the ICD RP, and configure ICD to transfer calls to the fake phone.

-Dustin

Edited by dgrant on 4/11/02 03:12 PM.

We tried that with a real phone as a test - extension 3464 - with the same result.

In the Call Manager trace I can't find a Forwarding Station field.

However I've noticed the following fields are blank when the call comes via the ICD......

OriginalCalledParty
originalCdpnVoiceMailbox

Whereas if the call gets CFA from the route-point to Unity (or to an interim phone with CFA to Unity) they have the route-point number and the call goes to the correct mail-box.

Not applicable

There isn't a Forwarding Station field in CCM traces, however, the fields that you were looking at are the correct ones (OriginalCalledParty and originalCdpnVoiceMailbox ).

The TSP will take one of these fields and use it as Forwarding Party. The logic is simple: if originalCdpnVoiceMailbox is empty, then use OriginalCalledParty, otherwise use OriginalCalledParty.

If these are showing up blank in the StationCallInfo that is sent to the Unity server, that explains why it's not going to the greeting you'd expect.

This looks similar to CSCdv66602.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Thanks for that explaination.

I looked for that bug but it's not in the Bug toolkit. Do you have a discription?

Rgds,

Stuart

Not applicable

Place the defect ID in the main search from www.cisco.com, you should get 2 hits and they are release notes for CCM. Here's the description of the defect:

Calls redirected from IP ICD do not pass the correct called party number.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

This was fixed by upgrading Call Manager to V3.1.3a SP D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: