cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redirecting incoming calls via CLID

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone been able to redirect calls via CLID? This is what i want to be able to do: I want to have one 800 number that customers can call. I have 18 locations that are using VOIP. I want to have the customer call the 800 number and take their call and redirect it to the location closest to them via their phone number. I want to make it transparent to the customer. I know that I can write an IVR script and prompt them to enter their phone number and then query a sql database and send their call to the right place. However, I was wondering if there was another way to do this in the backgound without customer interaction.

Thanks,

Geoff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am using the call routing option under the call management menu in Unity (2.46). I am using an exact match rule for each caller-id number I want forwarded directly to my extension. What you would probably want to do is setup a wildcard match by area code. So what you might do is setup Pilot Points in CallManager for the phones that are going to handle a certain area. Then in Unity setup the Pilot Point number as an Internet Subscriber (Since it won't need to take messages and this will not require a mailbox license). Now you can make a call routing rule in Unity that says for caller-id numbers matching xxx* attempt transfer to subscriber aaa. So if you wanted area code 512 to forward to pilot point 123, you would make an Internet Subscriber in Unity for Extension 123 and then use the attempt transfer option to that subscriber in the call routing rules.

So the rule would read caller-id=512*

send caller to=attempt transfer for subscriber aaa

If what I'm getting at is not quite clear, you can email me and I'll be happy to send some screen shots of my setup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

brian.cowley
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using Unity, you can use call routing rules to accomplish this.

Example: The voice gateway sends all incoming calls to Unity as you would in an auto attendant scenario. When Unity receives the call, it compares it to the call routing table. If there is a match, it transfers the call according to the rules. If there is not a match, it uses the default call handler. I have this set up at my office so that when friends or relatives call, they don't have to try to remember my extension or use the directory or zero out to the attendant. They do get a greeting that says, "Please wait while I transfer your call." then it starts ringing to my desk.

I am using Unity. I have DID numbers for everyone and have translation patterns to match. In Unity are you using the "alternate extension" field? Or, did you manually enter in your families numbers to match your extension in Unity? I could see that, but with 10s of thousands of numbers that seems like a lot of work. I don't know if I am off base with this though.

Geoff

I am using the call routing option under the call management menu in Unity (2.46). I am using an exact match rule for each caller-id number I want forwarded directly to my extension. What you would probably want to do is setup a wildcard match by area code. So what you might do is setup Pilot Points in CallManager for the phones that are going to handle a certain area. Then in Unity setup the Pilot Point number as an Internet Subscriber (Since it won't need to take messages and this will not require a mailbox license). Now you can make a call routing rule in Unity that says for caller-id numbers matching xxx* attempt transfer to subscriber aaa. So if you wanted area code 512 to forward to pilot point 123, you would make an Internet Subscriber in Unity for Extension 123 and then use the attempt transfer option to that subscriber in the call routing rules.

So the rule would read caller-id=512*

send caller to=attempt transfer for subscriber aaa

If what I'm getting at is not quite clear, you can email me and I'll be happy to send some screen shots of my setup.

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I think I know what you mean, but any help would be great! If you don't mind I will take you up on your offer. My e-mail is gbeaty@reico.com

Thanks,

Geoff

Roger Terhune
Level 1
Level 1

Geoff,

You can use the Geotel product that will allow you to reroute your 800 number to the right place before it hits your gw and save your company 800 costs but this would require some volume to justify this cost as its a part of IPCC.

roger....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: