Cisco Support Community
Community Member

redirecting number when in AAR mode

When in AAR mode, call to a remote site phone forwarded to voice mail via PSTN.We are expecting the redirecting number to send to unity server, which is the mailbox number.We see this on the remote 3725 GW. . Calling Party Number i = 0x0080, '5147896000'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '14166231219'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Redirecting Number i = 0x0000, 0x8F, '5147892117'

BUt however in the CCM trace file this redirecting number disappeared. We suspect carrier didn't send this over or 6608 module refuse to receive it. Carrier is working on this. I am thinking I can do on Cisco side? Anyidea?

Re: redirecting number when in AAR mode

This is a carrier problem, they are stripping the IE. Theres nothing you can do, we need that information in order to integrate correctly.

dugrant is correct in that the PSTN must deliver the IE, but it might be worth looking at your WS-X6608 port configuration on the CallManager side. In certain versions, RDNIS was not enabled by default.

On the 3.3(3)sr2 box I am looking at right now, it is enabled by default -- but you don't specify version so it might be worth looking at. I believe the exact name of the field changed from 3.2 to 3.3, but on this box:

Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound

Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Inbound

In your case, you need to be concerned about the second. Otherwise, as dugrant suggests, talk to the telcos in the middle.

Good luck.

Community Member

Thanks guys. the check box is enabled by default since it's CCM 3.33. As I said some sites are working. I am pushing Carrier to do further trace.

CreatePlease to create content