Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting via DNIS with CRA script

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to write a CRA script that will do the following:

1. A customer calls a 800 number that points to a CRA script.

2. The script recieves the customers phone number without the customer entering it in (using DNIS)

3. The script queries a SQL data base

4. It finds a match and transfers the customer to the sales person's extension that is tied to the phone number.

Any direction would be great. I can attatch to the SQL database and do the query, but I am a bit lost on how to extract the phone number?

Thanks,

Geoff

3 Replies 3

abdulr
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Call Contact Step in ICD Script to get the ANI and DNIS numbers. Based on the DNIS number you can do a DB Read and DB Get from the SQL database to check on the customer entry in the database.

We have implemented similar soltuions for few customers and it is working great.

Thanks for the reply. I looked into the Call Contact step you had mentioned, but from what I can read it is only in CRA 3.0. Unfortunately I have CRA 2.2(5), I really did not want to do the upgrade because I am getting to go to CCM 3.3 and I have read that CRA 3.0 has problems with it. Have you seen anything for CRA 2.2?

Geoff

CRS 3.03a is now out and it is working well with CallManager 3.3. 3.02 did not work with 3.3 at all.