cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant CCM phone registration timer...

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I am at the end of a multi-site install and the end client has issues with one thing. He thinks that we should be able to tweak the amount of time it takes for the phones to realize when the 1st CCM goes down and before it registers with the standby CCM.

In testing it didn't take more than a minute, and I've never seen a hard-coded timer for this but figured I'd ask before saying absolutely not.

Any ideas on how/where to change this? Is it one of the elusive T3XX Timers?

Thanks in advance!

JG

Systems Engineer

i-Tech Support, Inc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

JG,

You can set the Station Keepalive Interval parameter in Service Parameters (Service -> Service Parameters -> Cisco Callmanager Service). This is the time between keepalives sent by phones. The default is 30 seconds and the range is 10 to 1000. I would be cautious when reducing this interval as it will obviously increase network traffic significantly with a large number of phones.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

JG,

You can set the Station Keepalive Interval parameter in Service Parameters (Service -> Service Parameters -> Cisco Callmanager Service). This is the time between keepalives sent by phones. The default is 30 seconds and the range is 10 to 1000. I would be cautious when reducing this interval as it will obviously increase network traffic significantly with a large number of phones.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Great, thanks very much Brandon, this will probably be as close to being able to control the failover as possible.

Thanks again!

JG

Post rated, issue resolved! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: