Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant IVR's

I have CRS IVR 3.1(2) against callmanager 3.3 and icm 5.0. As I change .aef files on one IVR, I make the same change on the other IVR. Is there a best practice for doing this? I would rather not have to maintain the .aef's and .wav's on each system separately. I would like to be able to make a change on one IVR and have the change be reflected on both. Other then synchronizing the wfavvid folder, is there a better way?

Thanks

9 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Redundant IVR's

Unfortunately, no. Synchronizing the wfavvid folder would not do the trick either. The .aef's used to run the applications reside in the repository which resides on CallManager's DC Directory. Until CRS is redundant you will have to continue to make changes on both CRS servers.

Good point - Thanks!

Silver

Since the scripts are stored in the Repository on the DC Directory, if you can configure both the CRS servers to use the same Repository Profile, that should serve your purpose.

HTH

Anup

Blue

Yes, this will work. However, be aware that the Prompts are stored locally so you would have to synchronize the prompts folder.

Looks like the scripts will need to be stored on both crs servers anyway because they are called as icm vru scripts as well.

This is not the case for scripts, which are actually stored in the LDAP repository when they are uploaded. If the IVRs share that repository, then it will work without a local copy.

All the ICM VRU interface is doing is requesting the IVR to execute a named script that is associated with an actual .aef application. As long as this application is in the repository, it does not need to be locally stored.

- Bill

- Bill
Blue

It also must be defined in the ICM Subsystem section on the appadmin page as a VRU Script. So Bill is right, you can share the repository, however you still must maintain the VRU Script names on the appadmin page.

Yes. When defining ICM VRU Scripts, you must choose from the scripts that are already stored on the local server. If the script is not saved in the wfavvid folder on the local server, it will not appear in the pull-down list for the ICM VRU Scripts.

Thanks for the input gents.

Robb

That pull-down list contains all the scripts that are listed in the "Manage Scripts" screen, which are actually loaded in the Repository. You can add scripts to that list from .aef files stored either on the local server or a remote server. Either way, you will then have access to them for defining your ICM VRU Scripts. A local copy of the actual .aef file is not required.

- Bill

- Bill
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content