Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Idle URL

I am trying to get our company logo to display on a 7960 running CM 3.3. I have read other postings on how the page fails to display because it is not refreshed. A work around is mentioned "Workaround: The Image object can return a HTTP Refresh header to force the page to be immediately reloaded. This will force the display of the image." How do you do this?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Refresh Idle URL

There are a few ways to do this.. such as with a refresh header or with a redirect. Here's one quick way using the redirect.

Basically, you create a web page that redirects to the real idle application which displays your company logo. You set the idle url to point to this initial page, which immediately redirects to the real idle application.

Create this file which is what the idle url will point to initially... you can call it idle.asp or whatever you'd like:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<%

var strIdleAppName = "idleApp.asp";

var strCurrentURL = "http://" + Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME").Item + Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME").Item;

var strIdleUrl = strCurrentURL.replace( /\/\w+\.asp/i, strIdleAppName );

Response.Redirect (strIdleUrl);

%>

Set the value of the variable strIdleAppName to the name of your idle application asp page. In this example the name of idle application is "idleApp.asp".

When the phone goes idle, it will call the first url (ie idle.asp). It will then immediately redirect to the real idle application (ie idleApp.asp), which is the actual idle page that displays your company logo.

Of course, this is only required as long as you're running the affected versions of the firmware. If you're running a firmware version that has resolved that bug, then you can just set the idle url to the actual idle application (idleapp.asp in this example) and not bother with the refresh workaround.

Hope that works for you!

That still does not work, the logo still does not show. What version of the firmware do I need to be running in order to fix this problem?

Silver

Sorry, looks like there was a bug in my redirect code. Here is the fixed code (forgot to add a "/" char to the new url).

Replace this line:

var strIdleUrl = strCurrentURL.replace( /\/\w+\.asp/i, strIdleAppName );

With this one:

var strIdleUrl = strCurrentURL.replace( /\/\w+\.asp/i, ("/" + strIdleAppName) );

Hopefully that should work.

If that doesn't work, here's the refresh version:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<%

var strIdleAppName = "idleApp.asp";

var strCurrentURL = "http://" + Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME").Item + Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME").Item;

var strIdleUrl = strCurrentURL.replace( /\/\w+\.asp/i, ("/" + strIdleAppName) );

Response.AddHeader("Refresh", "1; url=" + strIdleUrl);

%>

Sorry for the error- hopefully either of these will work better for you.

Larry McDowell left this link in a previous post mentioning the bug, which you may already have:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a008012821f.html

You can read the writeup for this bug (CSCuk39530) using the Cisco Bug Toolkit (you have to be logged in to your CCO account).

In regards to which version of firmware resolves the issue, I am not sure. The writeup on bug CSCuk39530 says that the issue affects release 3.3(2) and is resolved, but it does not say which version. You may be able to get an "engineering special" fix for this, or wait until the next release of CallManager. You could also contact TAC to inquire into the status of this bug. Perhaps someone here might know more as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content