Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the ActiveXControl Object

The following show how to create an instance of the corresponding ActiveXControl object.

var cip = new ActiveXObject("CIPIMAGE.ImageProcessor.1"); // Create my cip object

var Inet1 = new ActiveXObject("CiscoURLProxy.URLGrabber"); // Create the proxy object

My question is, how to identify the name to be enter to the ActiveXObject bracket? Is ActiveXObject("servername.typename") correct?

Usually the servername is just the name of the dll file (such as cipimage.dll,ciscoURLProxy.dll), as for the second field, how do I know what to enter to the field such as Image Processor & URLGrabber? And, sometimes they put a .1(dot one) at the back (e.g CIPIMAGE.ImageProcessor.1), what does it mean? When should we put this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Regarding the ActiveXControl Object

I'm not sure how much I can add to this, but check out this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jsobjactivexobject.asp

It describes the activexobject syntax, which you already seem familiar with. CIPIMAGE and CiscoURLProxy are the libraries containing the objects that you wish to instantiate, the objects being ImageProcessor and URLGrabber in those examples. The libraries and objects are documented by Cisco to some extent in the IP Phone Services SDK. It does not tell you the object names, as far as I can tell, but it does tell you the methods exposed in each object.

And the .1 format seems familiar, but I can't quite remember what it represents. All I can suggest is to use the syntax as it's used in the examples shipped with the SDK. You can also use the OLE/COM Object Viewer (included as part of the Microsoft Platform SDK) to examine the objects and identify the interfaces, but you won't get any more information from that than you already have and is contained in the documentation.

Perhaps someone else can shed some further light on this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content