Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

REGION\UnityAdmin not associated with a Unity Subscriber

Hi,

This is my issue :

When I try to connect to the Unity Admin interface using the UnityAdmin account this is the access denied I have and I don't know how to solve it :

----------------------------------------------------

Your windows domain account [REGION\UnityAdmin] is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber

You cannot access the Cisco Unity Administration System.

---------------------------------------------------

It seems to be like the classic chicken-and-egg

problem

Hope some help as soon as possible

Thanks

Irene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: REGION\UnityAdmin not associated with a Unity Subscriber

You didn't indicate what version you're running - that's important here - I'm assuming it's a recent 4.0(x) version since this sounds like a new install.

You can use the GrantUnityAdmin application to map the REGION\UnityAdmin account's SID to a suscriber's account or the special "installers account" in Unity to gain access to the SA with any domain account that is not a subscriber on the system.

You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop under the Diagnostic Tools. You'd run it with a command line that looked like this:

GrantUnityAccess -u REGION\UnityAdmin -s Installer

That will map the SID from your UnityAdmin domain account to the ObjectID (unique identifier) for the special installer account in Unity which will let you into the SA (unless you're having a different issue at play here such as a DNS name resolution problem or the like).

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You didn't indicate what version you're running - that's important here - I'm assuming it's a recent 4.0(x) version since this sounds like a new install.

You can use the GrantUnityAdmin application to map the REGION\UnityAdmin account's SID to a suscriber's account or the special "installers account" in Unity to gain access to the SA with any domain account that is not a subscriber on the system.

You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop under the Diagnostic Tools. You'd run it with a command line that looked like this:

GrantUnityAccess -u REGION\UnityAdmin -s Installer

That will map the SID from your UnityAdmin domain account to the ObjectID (unique identifier) for the special installer account in Unity which will let you into the SA (unless you're having a different issue at play here such as a DNS name resolution problem or the like).

Thanks Jeff for your answer. It solves my issue

Sorry to forget to give you my Unity version 4.0.(3)

I just want to understand why such as situation occur ?

What happened ?

Why I was not be able to access the Unity admin interface ?

Irene

Cisco Employee

the Unity setup should do that same action at the end of the installation to give the installation account access to the SA - however I've seen timing issues cause it not to complete properly from time to time - I'm not sure what causes it right off hand.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content