cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regions in the same CM cluster?

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured multiple regions within the same CM cluster using different Codecs. Everything works as expected within the packet network, but when I try making calls out to PSTN is doesn't work.

The gateway belongs to the main device pool that includes only one region. All my phones within that region can dial outbound, but phones that are not part of the main region work only internally.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Afrim S.

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

It really depends on the type of gateway you are using and the codecs involved. If you are using a h.323 gateway you can add a voice class codec to the dial peer which will allow it to support multiple codecs and not just one. If it is a 6608 or dt-24+ they should be able to support multiple codecs and callmanager will tell them to do that based the regions.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I have a H.323 (3640) gw, and yes what yo just said did the job.

I created a voice class codec 1 and included my desired codecs and then I mapped that to the voip class-map. This works great. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: