Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

register different lines on different CMs?

Can you register one extension on one callmanager and another extention on another callmanager on the same phone?

3 REPLIES

Re: register different lines on different CMs?

No. Its the phone that registers with the callmanager and the config file tells what extension goes on what line.

Silver

I don't think it is possible.

Just curious, why would you need this? What practical scenario are you trying to address with this?

Regards,

Anup

haha well its not practical. this is what i would like to do. we are moving building (about a 20 mile move) and we are moving to VoIP so we have no downtime while ppl move, we have our voip solution through smoothstone. they have registrars and unity in their data center and our vlan 6 (voice) is trunk throughout my network back to a 2801 router with a direct T1 to their network and then our calls are routed out through them. currently in our old system we could set up paging. dial a number and the call goes to the speakerphone on everyphone. CM doesn't support that feature but CM express does. i was hoping that their CMs would take care of all of our outbound and inbound calls, but if i could register the phone on CMexpress on the 2801 and add them do a dn-group then i could accomplish paging that way. since its only internal, big deal.

add ext. 1 - 100 to the 2nd line on the 7960s. and then add a speel dial to dial say, extention 9000 which would be the DN group which would then multicast the voice to all 1-100 extensions.

it sounded good in theory...haha

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content