Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Register phone over VPN tunnel

I had a 7940 registered over a PIX 515-->3005 VPN tunnel to a CM 3.0.(11). I used the phone on a regular basis for incoming and outbound calls. After I upgraded to CM 3.1 (tried 3.1.1 and 3.1.2c) the phone no longer works. It registers/unregisters at will, the buttons don't work, lights blink randomly, and it makes a "squeeking" noise.

What has significantly changed in the signalling traffic from CM 3.0 to 3.1? What would cause this traffic to not be forwarded across the tunnel?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Register phone over VPN tunnel

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the skinny protocol change slightly in 3.1? We are upgrading to 3.1 and was told the PIX box didn't support the new skinny protocol yet....

Re: Register phone over VPN tunnel

I believe you are correct. After our upgrade, our phones on the other side of the VPN tunnell did the same things, and we got it to work when we entered the "NO fixup prot skin ... " command - do this, reboot your phones and all should be well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.