cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

registering h323 (netmeeting) clients with Call mgr 3.0(8)

bmcauliffe
Level 1
Level 1

Does any one know the config to get CM to register an h323 client (netmeeting 3.01)? I have been able to get netmeeting to call analog dial peers on a 2600 gateway router. But no luck placing calls through the call manager. It appears that the netmeeting client will not "login". I am building a VoIP curriculum for a course. Thanks in advance for any info.

2 Replies 2

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Add a h323 client in your callmanager, put your PC-IPaddress in the Device Name, add a line (extension) insert and reset phone.

In netmeeting tools -> options -> advanced calling, select 'use a gateway ...' and put your callmanager's IPaddress in the gateway field.

This works for me! :-)

good luck,

Sascha

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

If you want intelligence in the Network, you will want to use a Gatekeeper. Point NetMeeting and CCM at the GateKeeper. you may be abale to use the 2600 as both a Gateway for the FXS handsets and as the GateKeeper, but I'd suggest another Router, say an old 2500. The Feature set you want will be the "ix" image. NetMeeting will register its endpoint (the DN), but for Call Manager and other devices you will need to manually add the dial plan. The benefit of this is that you do not need to define every NetMeeting client in CCM and more importantly if you use DHCP all still works. CCM doesn't register endpoints with the Gatekeeper, so you need the Alias Static command, but this does not (yet?) allow wildcards.

Here's a sample Gatekeeper config extract with 2 phones defined for CCM 8888 and 8889:

gatekeeper

zone local GK1-UK mslabuk.com 10.44.17.2

alias static 10.44.17.156 1720 gkid GK1-UK terminal ras 135.44.17.156 1710 e164 8888 e164 8889

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: