Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Registry Key Settings

This question really pertains to all of the W2K based voice applications.

I am looking for a listing of the registry key settings which one would reasonably expect to have need to change. For instance, many of us know how to enable the Octel ARIA-like TUI or to adjust the AGCtargetDB settings for Unity but I have yet to see a listing which describes the more important (and likely to be user changed) registry parameters. I know that there is an internal, controlled ECDS document which I do not have access to but I would hope that there would be some sort of document which is accessible to partners specializing in Call Manager and Unity.

One additional item:

I have a concern with modifying registry key values in that I am unclear as to whether changes I make are over-written upon upgrade of the application, be it Call Manager, Unity, Unity Bridge, etc.

Obviously, it is important to document changes made but I hesitate to recommend registry settings to a customer who does their own upgrades when they may run into problems the next time they upgrade.

So, I'd like to know the following:

1. What are the registry keys which are more commonly changed to optimise performance,

2. What are the recommend values for these keys.

3. WIll these keys be over-written upon upgrade of the application

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Registry Key Settings

Unity ships with a tool called the 'Unity Advanced Settings Tool'. This tool was build to allow folks enable special features of Unity without having to directly modify the registry. The features which can be set in this tool are the feature which we feel folks need to set. The tool contains detailed documentation of each feature it can set. Similar to all Cisco products, hidden features used for engineering and testing are not included.

Long term, we don’t like putting features in the registry. Putting the features in SQL is our goal.

Keith

Thanks Keith;

That's good to know about the move of the feature settings to SQL. In the mean time, when we use the Advance Settings Tool, will the values we change be over-written be defaults on an uprade or will they remain as modified. There are pro's and con's to both so all I really need is a yes or no.

Thanks, Ted

Cisco Employee

In most instances they will not be over written. The settings offered in the AST should always stick over upgrades but there have been some migration errors where a setting or two will revert back to the default - this is not the norm however.

Gold

The short answer is that no, we don't document what will be set back to default during a upgrade. I agree that this is something that we should document in the Advanced Settings Tool so I will see what we can do about that.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content