cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reinstalling ICS7750 unity

shane
Level 1
Level 1

Originally installed unity as standalone server. Now customer wants to integrate into current Exchange. Is there any tips on the process. Do I have to completely re-install OS or just uninstall and reinstall Unity. Is there any good documentation on whichever method I need to do. I am running ICS7750.

5 Replies 5

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

First of all last i heard UM is not supported with the 7750. Secondly The software you purchased was half the price of the regualar voicemail only software so I am sure there would be a licensing violation somewhere. This is one of the reasons it is less expensive because the UM option even if you are willing to pay for the UM licenses is not supported. I expressed my opinion on this way back and yes it sucks but........ technically if you wanted to do this the question you ask would depend on whether you were 5.5 or 2k. If 2k then to join it to an existing environment you would have to demote the DC and uninstall AD which would hose exchange which would kinda hose unity. You would be better off starting from scratch. But again it is not supported nor will they even sell you the licenses if you were willing to pay/.

UM is positively supported in the ICS7750. I would suggest a clean install using the recovery CD that comes with the SPE. You should also verify that the purchased license is the UM and not the VM.

Please check the URL below. My office has a ICS7750 running Unity with Unified Messaging. Unless I'm "dreaming" or I have a misconception of what Unified Messaging is, this option is supported on the ICS-7750 platform.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ics/icsapps/icsunity/uvm315/umrn315.htm#xtocid4

my apologies- last i checked as you know this was not supported. I am glad cisco realized a need and market for this feature.

Thanks for the link!!