cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Release to switch

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer that we setup an AutoAttendant for with various options that transfer to Hunt groups. I have the call handlers for the hunt goups set to release to switch right now. When all the lines in the hunt are busy the caller is simply put on hold and hears beeps. The customer actually wants the caller to get a busy when trasfered and no one is available.<br><br>How Do I make this happen?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

There is no way to make this work without implementing supervise transfer.

What's happening is Unity, which is basically a phone to CallManager, hits the transfer button, dials the extension, hits transfer button again and then hangs up. Unity performs all of the 'button' press and hangs up before CallManager even begins Digit Analysis. Unity never knows that the call fails. The end result is the caller is left on hold forever.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Edited by kechambe on 7/24/01 06:06 PM.

Not applicable

What Keith is alluding to is one way that release transfers can fail. We saw this as an intermittent failure when the transferred party was on the other side of a gateway. Release transfers do work with Unity and CallManager.

If for whatever reason the hunt group of extensions you are transferring to is busy, that's another way that release transfers can fail. That fails, because you can't really "forward" the hunt group when all the extensions are busy. Unity will transfer the call to a non-forwarded busy extension and forget about it.

If you are experiencing the failure that Keith mentioned, you might be able to work around this by placing a comma in the first part of the transfer string. So, if transferring to hunt group extension 1234, have the Unity transfer field say [,1234]. I know of another site that has used the comma to slow down Unity's transferring and it worked for them.

Call Search Spaces can be another reason why transfers of any type fail.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I think Steve and I were talking about to different things. Steve is talking about a bug I filed, CSCdu40634, against the CallManager. With this bug, CallManager NEVER does digit analysis. We have only see this bug at two sites and I have haven’t seen it for two months now. Workaround is putting the comma in.

Your CallManager is working correctly. The caller is just left on hold rather than hearing re-order.

On my drive in to work today I thought of a way you can make this work. Have the callhandler do a supervised transfer and wait for only one ring. If CallManager reports busy the call will be pulled back to Unity. Then record a greeting that is only re-order tone. Make sure Unity is using the recorded greeting. After greeting send the caller to hang-up. This should do the trick.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com