Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remot Pickup

I am running 3.09 CCM and I have a group of user in one office that uses remote pickup alot. They need the ability to pick up all the phones in the group but can I have it to where a certain phone has proirity of all the other phones on a remote pick up. For Example Phone A and Phone B are ringing can I pick up phone A instead of the first unanswered phone call. If there is anyone that has any insight or a work around i would like to hear about it.

Thanks for the help,

Troy

4 REPLIES

Re: Remot Pickup

You can do group pickup. Please give more detail

First What is a Group pick up? More detail on the issue. Lets say there are two operators and eight regular users. When an operator steps away one of the other users uses remote pickup to pick up the call. When a user phone rings then an operators phone rings and you try and pick it up remotely. You get the user's phone because it is the first unanswered call. I would like to have all the user and operators in the same call pickup group but let the users be able to pickup the operators phone when ever it rings and pick up the users phones when they ring. But kinda have a choice in the matter.

Troy

A pickup group is what you're calling remote pickup -- it allows someone to answer the phone of another member of the same group by pressing a "pickup" button. Each pickup group you create has an extension number associated with it, so you can also have people answer the phones of people in other groups by dialing their pickup extension after hitting the "group pickup" button. You answer the first unanswered call, so you can't quite do what you want with one pickup group.

But, if it is ok for you to have the users dial an extension number instead of pressing a button to answer the operator's phone, you can create 2 groups, one for users and one for operators. When another user's phone rings, they just press the "pickup" button to answer. When the operator's phone rings, the users would press "gpickup" and dial the operators pickup extension.

Okay, We are on the same page with the group pickup. I also uderstand the way it will work but we do not have any other buttons to put a group Pickup on our Cisco IP Phone 7910. Is there any other way you know of doing this without adding a button on the phone, like dialing a phantom extensioin or something like that.

Thanks for the help, Knowledge is power and You just increased my power.

Troy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content