Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

REMOTE ACCESS TO CALL MANAGER

Anyone know which is the official way to access a CM from remote site using an external modem connected to it?

Is PC Anywhere supported by Cisco TAC or we need another PC with the Windows Terminal client installed to access the CM with the TS turned on?

We need to access it for maintenance and we don't want to put something on the CM that is not supported.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio chiesa

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: REMOTE ACCESS TO CALL MANAGER

i'm not sure if this will answer your question but this is how we get remote access to our call managers. We VPN into our network and use terminal session to get into our call managers/unity boxes.

No PC Anywhere is NOT supported on Callmanager, however VNC is supported..

See this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080103878.shtml

OK, but do you mean that PC anywhere can introduce problem in the CM or it is only not mentioned on cisco doc?

I'm asking it because as far as I know VNC and TS don't support a modem so if you want access the CM from remote you have to access another PC with the modem and THEN go the CM via TS, VNC but this could be a problem because in some sites we have only the maintenaNCE on the CM server and nothing else so would be useful accessing directly the CM via modem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Fabio

Views
Helpful
Replies