cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When calling in remotely to check voicemail I am able to call any number which has a voicemail or Automated Attendant. However, once I enter my information I still have to press another key to actually enter my mailbox. If I don't then I get to leave a message for ______ press 1. Is there a work around for this or do I have to press another key?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Once you call the system you can hit * at the opening greeting to be prompted for a mailbox number. After than you enter your password and you are in the mailbox just as if you are at your desk. Is this what you are looking for?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

Yes, that is what I am trying to do. However, it does not put me right into my mailbox. I first a greeting saying to leave a message press 1. This is after I have entered my number and pin. If I then press another key I will then be put into my mailbox.

This is working as designed. If you call a subscribers phone, get forwarded to voicemail and then authenticate as yourself the system will ask you to press 1 to leave a message. You either need to sign in from the opening greeting (i.e. calling the system directly from the outside) or call your own mailbox if you don’t want this prompt.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

That answered my question. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: