Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Control of IP Phones

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

What is the best way to remote control (via VXML scripts) IP Phones?

We actually want to simulate a button push on the Cisco IP Phone 7940/60.

I don't really see any documentation on the recommended implementation of remote control.

Thanks,

Noel

5 Replies 5

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

It depends how much you want to remote control the phone. For simple things, such a pressing a button, playing a ringtome, start/stop streaming, XML push (actually it's HTTP POST) will do just fine. Attached is an example HTTP file where you can enter the CiscoIPPhoneExecute item(s) that you want to to push to the phone. When asked for login/password, it's the login/pass for the user controlling the phone.

To "press" a button on the phone, you can replace the example code on the http page with the following:

This will make the phone go off-hook. For the description of all keys and a more detailed description of XML commands, you have to download the Cisco IP Phone SDK.

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

It depends how much you want to remote control the phone. For simple things, such a pressing a button, playing a ringtome, start/stop streaming, XML push (actually it's HTTP POST) will do just fine. Attached is an example HTTP file where you can enter the CiscoIPPhoneExecute item(s) that you want to to push to the phone. When asked for login/password, it's the login/pass for the user controlling the phone.

To "press" a button on the phone, you can replace the example code on the http page with the following:

This will make the phone go off-hook. For the description of all keys and a more detailed description of XML commands, you have to download the Cisco IP Phone SDK.

and here's the attachment. I didn't know you can't attach files after posting.

Stephan, Have you tried this on CallManager Express?

No. I'm only using this on CM 4.01 and the CM similator (based on CM 3.3) I know CME is limited but I'm not sure what those limits are. I'd check the programmer documentation for the CME to see if CiscoIPPhoneExecute items are supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: