cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote MGCP GW's not registering after lost connection

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

i have a customer with a cetralized call manager. At the remote sites, I have a VG200, a 2924, and a 1750. Obviously, the 1750 is the WAN router and the VG200 is the local gw. EVERY time the gw looses its connection to Call manager (any type of WAN outage, hub router reboot etc), I have to do a "no mgcp...mgcp" command to "wake" mgcp up. I have tried configuring the VG200 with MGCP timeout values and such but no luck. It still seems to be a MANUAL process to get them to reregister. Are there any CCM service parameters I can modify? Is there a fix for this? It seems to be very consistent with most other installs as well, so I think I may have something configured improperly. The VG200's are running 12.1.5 IOS. (I've tried upgrading and downgrading and the result is the same) Any ideas/suggestions are WELCOME! I can post the config if needed.

THANKS

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael, this has been seen before. As a matter of fact, one person that reported it is a regular poster in this discussion forum -- you know who you are.

In any case, a bug was filed -- CSCds36555 -- a long time ago, and it was found to be fixed in 12.2(2)T. So please try that version and let us know.

FINALLY...a straight forward answer. Unfortunatly, TAC had me changing CCM service parameters, etc. Thanks for the information and i will post my findings.

Loaded 12.2(3) on all the VG200's. Works like a charm. Tested by downing the hub router for 10 minutes. When i booted it back up, ALL 10 VG200's came up without me touching a single one! Thanks for the help Dave.

Kind Regards,

Mike Schlenger

:-)