cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote MoH - non-CCM/non-IOS multicaster?

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

I have a remote site that does not have a local CCM. Is it possible to install a third-party product on their local server to multicast MoH to the phones there? I know it can be done from the router, if the flash is available. But they would like to be able to change their MoH selection, and I don't want to give them access to the CCM at all. Nor do I trust them with access to the router.

I beleive it's technically possible. It's just multicasting a file (which I would have to use CCM to have converted from a WAV) on a particular multicast address. I just want to know if anyone has done it.

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

To my knowledge, this is not possible. You must use a CallManager MCS server for an MoH server.

Have you looked at using the SRST MoH feature at the remote site (SRST v3)?

SRST v3 has SRST MoH which basically multicasts a file from the router/gateway flash to same multicast address, port IP phones expect to see MMoH on. If someone or cisco were to come up with a app to do same on a PC/server then it would have same effect as SRST MoH.

john.nield
Level 1
Level 1

having an non IOS MMoH source is valid, the IOS MMOH doesn't do anything exciting other than multicast music. obviously the multicast group address must match the CCM multicast group for your codec.

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Check out the follwoing link for more info on MOH Servers, including limitations and server requirements.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c2ef4.html#72994

HTH

D