Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote Office configuration to centralized CCM

We are putting in a remote office which will connect to our main office via a T1. The remote office will have 2611xm router and 3560 switch. We want to have IP phones there which connect to the Call Manager at home office (no voice gateway, no PSTN config there). Will IP base IOS on 2611 support this or do I need another IOS feature set? Besides basic config and LLQ, etc. is the only other phone configuration need the TFTP server(s) IP addresses in the DHCP config or am I missing the big picture? Sorry this is such a newbie question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Remote Office configuration to centralized CCM

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, the only thing that you are going to be using the remote router for is routing (from ip phones to Callmanager at the HQ site). If this is the case, I believe you only need IP base as LLQ is supported in Ip base. Additionally, the only other thing you need to make sure have is that your DHCP scope is configured for option 150 -- point this to the CAllmanager TFTP server. Also be sure to configure IP helper address on the fastethernet interface that connects to your switch that powers your phones.

HTH,

Tony

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, the only thing that you are going to be using the remote router for is routing (from ip phones to Callmanager at the HQ site). If this is the case, I believe you only need IP base as LLQ is supported in Ip base. Additionally, the only other thing you need to make sure have is that your DHCP scope is configured for option 150 -- point this to the CAllmanager TFTP server. Also be sure to configure IP helper address on the fastethernet interface that connects to your switch that powers your phones.

HTH,

Tony

I was hoping you would say that--we are indeed only doing routing. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post.

Views
Helpful
Replies