Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote Office with IP Telephony

I have a Central Office with a ISPBX that support IP Telephony. I would like to connect a Remote Office with two Cisco routers with a BRI interface. In the Remote Office I have 10 IP phones..... how can I configure the wo router to setup B channel only when I have traffic? If I use load-interval command to set the interval in what the router calculate the avarange bandwidth on the BRI interface I have the lower limit of 30 sec. Every IP call need 25kbps so if I have in the first 30 seconds 3 calls I have not enough band.

Is there any solution to my problem?

Tanks. Giovanni.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Remote Office with IP Telephony

There is no solution that I know of to a problem that is bandwidth related -- except to increase the bandwidth.

Keep in mind that the load-interval command only changes the way the input and output rates are shown in the show interfaces command output.

I think the dialer load-threshold x command is probably what you are looking for.

Re: Remote Office with IP Telephony

I think there is a solution for small office environment called IP Telephony Service 2.0. Do a search on CCO for the term and see if it solve your problem. The old name was Keyswitch system in which a router can do call routing. Hope that help.

Duc Vu

Views
Helpful
Replies