cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote site VG200 issues

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Anybody come across voice quality issues when dialing in through a VG200 into Uone voicemail? I have a centralized call manager with VG200's feeding local PSTN access to remote sites. When i dial into those POTS lines, I hear the greeting fine, the conversation itself is fine, but there is lots of backround noise when there is silence. Silence supression, vad etc is all turned off on Call Manager/VG200. (I'm using MGCP) F/R traffic shaping and LLQ has all been configured and works fine. Only issue is dialing through that damn vg200!!!

Thanks for any input...

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some more details about the network between the VG200 and the uOne server in question would be helpful here. Also, which version of CallManager is being used, what codec is used on the call between the VG200 and uOne (show call active voice brief), how much bandwidth do you have between those two endpoints, WAN router configurations, VG200 configuration, etc.

This is one of those things that may be easy but it may be more troublesome to figure out a solution via web forum or email. You may want to open a TAC case and have an engineer take a look at things with you.

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/support/case_open.shtml

Thanks for the response....I have opened a tac case on this.

The weird issue I see is it seems as though the VG200 is negotiating G.729b (sh voice dsp). Not sure if I'm interpreting the command as I should but thats what I gather. Anyway thanks again