cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote voice mail retrieval

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry with the same issue again about the remote voice retrieval, I got it working the way you instructed me but here is the request to do differently if we can:<br>...................<br>(Cut and paste from customer's email)<br>- Set up x8299 as a common extension we can dial to get voicemail. (This would be in addition to being able to dial our own extensions and pressing "*", as you set up last time--we want to keep this).<br><br>- I like the feature of being able to get our voicemail by calling our own extension and pressing "*". However, it seems a little weird that after dialing your own extension, you are prompted to enter your extension number again--when you just dialed it. Can we fix this?<br>...................................<br>Apparently customer wants to set up a particular number for everybody to dial in then enter their own extensions to retrieve the voice mails. Can we do this ? Thanks for help.<br><br><br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

So are they calling into voice mail from the outside or inside this time?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Thanks for help. They are calling voice mail from outside and want to use the same number for every employees to retrieve their voice mails.
Duc Vu

Not applicable

They need to direct an incoming line from the PTSN to the fisrt port of voice mail. Do they have an incoming line available for this? What is their connectivity to the PSTN?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

They have a block of DID lines - 70 numbers - only used up to 30. Should I use one of the available numbers, say 8299, then do "Forward if busy/Forward if no answer" to voice mail port (DN=9000) ? Thanks for help.

Not applicable

Something like that. I would use a DID value that does not have a physical phone tied to it. You can create a phantom extension in CallManager and call forward all that phantom phone to the first port of Unity. That's one way I can think of getting a non-extension associated DID number to Unity. There might be other ways too. The point is, that the DID number that you call, really doesn't have to be a "real" phone. Make sense?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Thanks for your patience, Steve. I forgot to mention that those DID lines are coming in from a T1-PRI connected to PSTN. They're terminated at our gateway (3640 router). So can I use one of those DID numbers ? Duc Vu.

Not applicable

Sure. Just point that DID number to CallManager the same way that DID numbers with "real" extensions. On CallManager, make that DID value a phantom extension call forwarded all to Unity.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: